G0824 14" x 40" Gunsmith Lathe with 2" Spindle Bore
Bigger bore equals bigger barrels.
The G0824 14" x 40" Gunsmith Lathe has a huge 2" spindle bore, the largest of any of our 14" x 40" lathes. The extra-large spindle bore is what makes it perfect for gunsmithing barrels.
What makes the G0824 a "gunsmithing" lathe is that it comes with features typically not found on standard lathes, such as the extra-large spindle bore, a "spider" mount system and high-precision bearings.
The spider is especially designed for supporting gun barrels during chambering operations; however, it is a great support option for almost any long workpiece that extends through the outboard side of the spindle.
The G0824 includes a DRO, so accuracy and precision are ensured!
This 14" x 40" Gunsmith Lathe has an 8-speed gearhead for spindle speeds from 70–2000 RPM.
The G0824 includes other exceptional equipment you’ll need to get up and running including: a D1-5 camlock spindle, 200-series quick-change tool post, flood coolant system, LED work light, pull-out chip tray, ball-bearing steady and follow rests, cast-iron stand, and safety foot brake!
The G0824 comes with a 1-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G0824 manual was written by our U.S. based Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your lathe.
The Grizzly Technical Support team is U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the lathe are available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Due to product size, this item must be delivered to a loading dock or unloaded with a forklift. Liftgate not available.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Main motor: 2-1/2 HP, 220V, single-phase, 10A
- Coolant pump motor: 40W, 0.45A
- Swing over bed: 14"
- Swing over cross slide: 8-13/16"
- Distance between centers: 40"
- Spindle nose: D1-5 camlock
- Spindle bore: 2.01" (51mm)
- Spindle taper: MT#6
- Spindle speeds: 8, 70–2000 RPM
- Spindle length: 17-1/4"
- Tailstock barrel taper: MT#3
- Tailstock barrel travel: 3-15/16"
- Cross slide travel: 6-11/16"
- Compound travel: 3-7/8"
- Range of threads (inches): 34 @ 4–56 TPI
- Range of threads (metric): 26 @ 0.4–7mm
- Width of bed: 7-3/8"
- Approximate shipping weight: 1550 lb.
- X- and Z-axis DRO
- Removable bed gap
- Quick-change spindle speed and gearbox controls
- On/Off reverse spindle switch on carriage
- Steady and follow rests with roller bearing supports
- Built-in coolant system
- D1-5 camlock spindle nose
- 7" 3-jaw chuck and 8" 4-jaw chuck
- 200-series quick-change tool post
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.