G0709 14" x 40" Gunsmithing Gearhead Lathe
An accurate and powerful lathe.
What makes the G0709 14" x 40" Gunsmithing Gearhead Lathe a "gunsmithing" lathe is that it comes with features typically not found on standard lathes, such as the high-precision NSK bearings, extra-large 1-9/16" spindle bore and a "spider" mount system.
The spider mount system has four brass-tipped screws that stabilize long shafting and rifle barrels through the outboard end of the spindle.
Supplied with a 2 HP motor, the 8-speed gearhead of the G0709 produces spindle speeds from 70-2000 RPM.
The tailstock lock system features a drive hub, which allows you to use a 1/2” torque wrench to clamp the tailstock in place at a pre-determined torque setting. This ensures consistent draw-down alignment every time, even with multiple lathe operators using the machine.
The G0709 features a foot brake that also acts as a safety device and can bring the machine to an instant stop.
The G0709 also comes with a D1-5 spindle, a 200 series quick change tool post, flood coolant system, LED work light and a pull-out chip tray.
Like all Grizzly gunsmithing lathes, the G0709 comes with a 1-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G0709 manual was written by our U.S.-based Documentation Department. The complete manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your lathe.
The Grizzly Technical Support team is U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the lathe are available on-line and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO. Please note that liftgate service is unavailable for this item due to weight restrictions.
- Motor: 2 HP, 220V, single-phase, 10A
- Swing over bed: 14"
- Swing over cross slide: 8-13/16"
- Distance between centers: 40"
- Spindle bore: 1.57" (40mm)
- Spindle nose taper: MT#5
- Spindle nose: D1-5 Camlock
- Spindle speed: 8, 70-2000 RPM
- Tailstock barrel taper: MT#3
- Tailstock barrel travel: 3-15/16"
- Cross slide travel: 6-11/16"
- Compound travel: 3-9/16"
- Bed width: 7-3/8"
- Overall dimensions: 71-1/2" L x 26-3/16" W x 52" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 1550 lbs.
- Easy to use lever controls
- Hardened and ground cast iron bed
- Cuts 4-112 Standard TPI and 0.1-7 Metric
- Cuts LH threads
- On/off reverse switch on carriage
- Socket for tailstock lock
- Cast aluminum gear cover
- 6" 3-Jaw chuck with reversible jaws
- 8" 4-Jaw chuck with independent jaws
- 11" face plate
- Steady rest/follow rest
- Full length splash guard
- Quick change tool post with 2 tool holders
- (2) MT#3 dead centers (1 carbide tipped)
- (1) MT#3 live center
- (1) MT#5 - MT#3 sleeve
- Pull out chip pan
- 1/2" drill chuck w/ MT#3 arbor
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.